Yakima River opens May 5, 2020 for recreational use. Our Shop and Guide Service will remain closed until further notice. We aren’t allowed to guide or have the shop open to the general public yet. Hopefully this will change soon and we can get back on the river.
What we can to do starting May 5, 2020:
- Call in orders daily for curbside pick-up – Give us a call on your way over and we will prepare your order for pickup.
- Shuttle Service – Shuttle Service will be available, call the shop and set-up your shuttle over the phone.
- Online Gift Cards – Click here to purchase
- Pre Booking Guide Trips – Call the shop and Pre Book your summer or fall guide trip. The calendar is filling up and we will be very busy once current guidelines are lifted. We highly recommend pre booking your trips for the summer and fall.
State Guidelines for responsible recreation:
Before you go
- Check what’s open. While many state-managed land destinations are open for day-use, other local, tribal, and federal land may still be closed.
- Opt for day trips close to home. Overnight stays are not permitted.
Stay with immediate household members only. Recreation with those outside of your household creates new avenues for virus transmission.
- Come prepared. Visitors may find reduced or limited restroom services as staff begin the process to reopen facilities at wildlife areas and water access sites. You are advised to bring your own soap, water, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper, as well as a mask or bandana to cover your nose and mouth.
- Enjoy the outdoors when healthy. If you have symptoms of fever, coughing, or shortness of breath, save your outdoor adventure for another day.
When you get there
- Avoid crowds. Be prepared to go somewhere else or come back another time if your destination looks crowded.
- Practice physical distancing. Keep six feet between you and those outside your immediate household. Launch one boat at a time to give others enough space to launch safely. Leave at least one parking space between your vehicle and the vehicle next to you. Trailer your boat in the same way.
- Wash your hands often. Keep up on personal hygiene and bring your own water, soap, and hand sanitizer with you.
- Pack out what you pack in. Take any garbage with you, including disposable gloves and masks.
One Reply to “Fishing Opening May 5 / Update from us on Troutwater Operations”